Our board is made up of young and ambitious professionals who have left and have continued to leave their marks in the Financial, Oil and Gas Manpower Planning and Business Consulting sectors.
1. NWANZE, SAMUEL: Sammy, as he is fondly addressed, is the Chairman of the Board of Hedge and Risk Limited. Sammy is an astute, well-rounded finance professional, investment banker and management consultant with experience in managing a broad spectrum of financial and banking responsibilities, including mergers and acquisitions, finance, performance management, treasury management, project management, business turnaround and strategic planning. His career which started as a Trainee Consultant with Phillips Consulting has spanned over 12 years. Along the way, he has worked at FCMB Plc, Heirs Alliance Limited, Standard Trust Bank/UBA Plc, Bank of New York Mellon London (as a Research Analyst from Cranfield Business School), Platinum Bank Ltd/Bank PHB Plc (now renamed Keystone Bank Limited) and recently Heirs Holding Limited (a business conglomerate with interests in hospitality, farming, oil and gas, investment management etc) where he was Chief Investment Officer and is currently the CEO of HH Capital Limited, the Investment Management and Financial Advisory subsidiary of the conglomerate.
In the course of Sammy’s banking career, he handled responsibilities way beyond his age and left indelible marks. Some of these include Head, Performance Management Dept at UBA Plc (a bank with an asset base of over $15Billion); Financial Controller, Platinum Bank Limited; Group Treasurer of Bank PHB Plc and its international subsidiaries. He is widely applauded for his abilities to bring the best out of team members.
Sammy obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Nutrition from the University of Ibadan in 1997 before bagging a Certificate in Business Accounting from CIMA United Kingdom in 2003. Our amiable Chairman is an Associate of both the Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria and the Nigeria Institute of Management (Chartered) and is currently at advanced stages in both the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst and Chartered Financial Analyst examinations. He is an alumnus of Cranfield University’s School of Management, London and graduated as the best student in M.Sc Finance and Management in 2005.
Samuel Nwanze is married with two lovely daughters.
2. POPOOLA, OLUWOLE ADEMOLA: ‘Wole, as he is commonly addressed, is the Managing Director/CEO of Hedge and Risk Limited. He is a graduate of Industrial and Production Engineering from the premier University of Ibadan and joined the banking industry immediately after the mandatory NYSC. He started his banking career in 2000 with National Bank of Nigeria Limited as a Local Currency Trader and also worked on the Foreign Currency desk before joining First City Monument Bank Plc as a Forex Dealer.
In 2003, he moved to Standard Trust Bank Plc to head the bank’s Foreign Currency Trading desk and had the privilege of introducing ‘3rd Currency Trading’ to the bank; that basically, implies proprietary trading in the major currencies of the world aside the plain vanilla ‘Dollar-Naira’ back then. Upon the bank’s merger with UBA Plc, he was seconded to the Commercial Banking group as a Profit Centre Manager. He, however, left UBA Plc in 2006 to join Equitorial Trust Bank Ltd as Head of Dealing with oversight function over the Forex, Fixed Income and Local Currency Trading desks.
He teamed up with the dealing team of Bank PHB Plc (now Keystone Bank Ltd) in 2007 and rose to become the Chief Dealer and Acting Treasurer in 2010 before resigning to pursue his dream of setting up a world-class FICC (Fixed Income-Currencies-Commodities) trading team that deploys research and resilience to generate alpha returns.
An Associate Chartered Accountant, Wole Popoola also holds the ACI Dealing Certificate and has attended many courses both in Nigeria and abroad e.g. Fx Bourse Game, Lagos, Nigeria; UBS Fx Derivatives Trading, Switzerland; ICAP Fixed Income Workshop, South Africa; Commodities Trading organized by Fortis Bank in London and Brussels, Belgium among others. He is married with 3 kids.
3. AOGO, OLAJIDE: Jide is the Director in charge of Business Consulting at Hedge and Risk Limited. He is a graduate of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife and holds a MBA degree in General Management from University of Benin. In 2010, he concluded an Executive Management Programme (EMP) from the prestigious Harvard Business School, Boston, USA; and brings to both the board and management team of Hedge and Risk Limited enormous wealth of experience in Business and Management Consulting.
He started his post-NYSC career in 1998 with the Guaranty Trust Bank Plc and also worked at the defunct Afex Bank, defunct Metropolitan Bank Limited before moving on to Standard Trust Bank Plc (all now UBA Plc). His banking career took him across many back office functions like Treasury Operations, Loan Disbursement and Banking Operations.
The desire to leave his mark as an Enterpreneur propelled him to quit banking in 2004 to join a team of budding employers of labour to set up Standard Connections Limited, a business consulting firm. The team delivered many feasibility reports across different business sectors and also assisted businesses to source for and raise finance via Private Equity arrangements, private placements and commercial loans. Mr. Aogo has attended and facilitated many training programmes both in Nigeria and outside her shores.
4. POPOOLA, TEMITOPE: Temmy, as she is fondly called, is the Executive Director in charge Business Support Services at Hedge and Risk Limited. She graduated from Sociology Department, University of Ibadan in 2001 and worked briefly as an Intern in the Branch Operations Group of Union Bank Plc. Her post NYSC career commenced at Dalewares Printshop where she held different positions from Customer Service Executive to Marketing Executive/Client Relationship Manager and later Operations Executive.
She resigned from Dalewares Printshop to set up Temwol Ventures, a business that deals in general merchandise and also conducts training for Customer Service practitioners sharing her experience from Dalewares with greenhorns in the field.
Temmy has a post graduate degree in International Relations and Public Administration from the University of Lagos and has undertaken courses in Money Management, Customer Service and Relationship and Leadership Skills Building.
She is an energetic individual whose strength and passion are in motivating and getting the best out of team members.
Temmy is married with kids.
5. SHONEYE , OLUWASEYE: Seye, as he is fondly called, is a member of our board of Directors. A Project Management Professional (PMP), he is currently the Operations Manager of Moody Int’l Nigeria Ltd (Intertek), a major player in Manpower Sourcing, Planning and Management in the oil and gas sector. He has previously served as Project Coordinator and Senior Project Coordinator in the same establishment.
He has been of immense value to the operations of Moody Int’l Nigeria Ltd by way of qualitative ideas and recommendations that have hugely reduced the operating costs without any effect of the quality of the service rendered to its ever-demanding client base. Some of the projects he has been involved in are:
- Technical manpower Service Agreement (Mobil Producing Unlimited)
- Onshore Asset Gas Management Project (Chevron)
- Escravos Gas Projects (Chevron)
- Engineering Construction and Project (Total E & P)
- OML58 upgrade Project (Total E & P)
Our amiable Director is a graduate of two of the greatest citadels of learning in Nigeria – University of Ibadan (where he bagged in first degree in industrial and Production Engineering in 1997) and Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (where he obtained an MBA in Management in 2007).
He brings to our board immense understanding of the oil and gas investment landscape and impressive records at manpower, planning and management. ‘Seye has attended trainings both locally and abroad. He is married with kids.